Our aim is to see what we, as a village, can do to make Compton Dando a Zero Carbon village by 2030.
Did you know?
- 78% of local residents agreed that we should use more renewable energy technology in the local plan
- 18-26% of homes in our area are classed as fuel poor
ZCC want to address these challenges by supporting residents to decarbonise and lower their energy bills.
Our activities cover all areas of carbon reduction from transport and growing, through to energy efficiency and community energy schemes.
Our current focus is energy efficiency in buildings and also investigating whether an energy generation scheme would be possible for the village. An energy generation scheme could benefit the village by:
- Contributing towards tackling climate change
- Stabilising and reducing energy bills for residents
- Supporting residents to move away from fossil fuel energy use
- Creating a community benefit fund to be used as the village sees fit
- Creating an investment opportunity with steady rates of return (approx 3-6%)
If you are interested in getting involved please contact email@example.com